Sunday, March 31, 2013

The Firefly Forest Website

Even after only a few posts, I've already referenced a desert plants website more than once. I figured I'd better give it a post all to itself: fireflyforest.com

A lovely globemallow from the backyard


Firefly.com has a wonderful section just for identifying Southeastern Arizona wildflowers and it's been a great help to me in my attempts to determine what is growing in my yard, especially as I can search for flowers by color, which is sometimes all I have to go on.

The wildflower ID page on his site can be found here: http://www.fireflyforest.com/flowers/

I highly recommend taking a look if you've found a lovely flowering plant growing on in your yard and don't know what it is. It can often at least give you a good place to start.

No comments:

Post a Comment